- This version of pancakes is the thicker type more like an American style pancake.
- In Polish they would be known more as racuszki or placki.
- In England more like dropped scones or Scottish Pancakes.
- This recipe uses milk.
- Though not tried you could make a version with yoghurt & milk.
- 1 egg
- 100g fresh spinach
- 90ml milk
- 70 – 90g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g granulated sugar for a sweet version
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Shred the spinach in a mini-chopper or blender.
- Mix the eggs with the milk.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour.
- Add the spinach to the egg mixture.
- Add sugar if using.
- Add the flour to the mixture until it is thick enough to drop off a spoon.
- Fry tablespoonfuls on both sides on a hot oiled griddle pan.
Good served with sweet or savoury extras
Served here on Vintage Pyrex, Royal Doulton – Tapestry and Carnation.