- The original recipe made a circle/nest of the meringue.
- I find individuals ones easier and more useful.
- The sugar in the original was all icing sugar – I found this very hard to whisk up so if you can find caster sugar it is much easier to use.
- 2 egg whites
- 90g caster sugar
- 15g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to GM2 – 150°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a small dish mix the 15g of icing sugar and the cocoa powder.
- Whisk the egg white until they are stiff.
- Add the caster sugar and whisk until stiff again.
- With a metal spoon fold in the icing sugar and cocoa mixture.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- You should get 6 or 8 meringues.
- Place them in the oven for around 1hour 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven – you can keep them in there for an extra 15 minutes if required.
- Leave the baking tray on a wire rack to cool completely.
Using the Meringues
- These chocolate meringues are very useful for a variety of desserts.
- They go well with sweetened yoghurt or yoghurt cheese.
- They can be used with flavoured butter creams using rum or coffee or even more chocolate.
- In England whipped double cream can be used.
- In the glass dish above greek yoghurt was mixed with some sour cherry jam as the base and a dollop of the yoghurt was put on top of the meringue.
- Try with chocolate budyń –– Polish custard.
- They should be great with vanilla ice cream.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Meringues”
Sounds gorgeous will try this receipt
LikeLiked by 1 person
This looks amazing!