These beetroot fritters are not from an old Polish recipe. I got the idea from making Polish potato pancakes and carrot pancakes and seeing all the new season beetroot.
- 250g cooked beetroots
- 1 egg – beaten
- 2 tablespoons of soured cream or creamed horseradish sauce*
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Sunflower oil for frying
* If you have a little fresh grated horseradish that would be super.
- Grate the beetroots using a coarse grater.
- Add the beaten egg and the soured cream or horseradish sauce and mix together.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and use large tablespoonfuls of the mixture to make the fritters.
- Fry them on both sides.
- Keep them on a heat proof plate in a low heat oven whilst you make the rest.
They can be served with many hot roast dinners or separately with a dollop of soured cream or creamed horseradish sauce.
- Arc – Arcopal – from the 1970s
- Royal Bone China – The Poets’ Garden – Columbine & Sweet Amber