- For many people – liver is love it or loath it.
- I think certainly for me and most Poles it is love it!
- I have written about cooking liver in 2018.
- I had some liver that I had got to make dinner last night.
- I had cooked some leeks and peas, which I use as a filling for buckwheat pancakes.
- I also had a red pepper left and decided to combine them all.
- It turned out really delicious
- The amounts are not critical – depends on how many you are cooking this for.
- Liver – whichever you like best
- 2-3 leeks – chopped into rings
- 100g of frozen peas
- 1 red pepper – chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of soured cream.
- Butter & sunflower oil for frying
- Flour for dusting the liver
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You need two large deep frying pans to made this.
- In one frying pan melt the butter and gently cook the leeks to soften them but not brown.
- Add the frozen peas and cover with a lid and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir the mixture and add the soured cream.
- Dip the liver in flour.
- In the other frying pan lightly fry the liver slices in a mixture of butter & sunflower oil on both sides.
- Add the chopped peppers and simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix the liver and peppers with the leek mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious with boiled potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, boiled rice, noodles or pasta such as tagliatelle or just with fresh bread.