This is an old English recipe for caraway biscuits.
Compared to my first recipe for caraway biscuits it has a higher butter content and fewer caraway seeds. (you can always add more).
- 270g plain flour
- 225g butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 1 egg – beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to GM2 – 150°C.
- Flour two baking trays.
- Rub the butter into the flour so you get fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and caraway seeds.
- Mix in enough of the egg to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough out to 1cm thickness.
- Use an 8cm cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Re-roll the cast of dough and make more biscuits.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until light golden brown.
- Leave on the tray on a wire rack.