- When I am cooking some pasta for a meal, I often do a bit more so I have some left to make a pasta salad the next day.
- Small shapes are the best or you can chop larger or longer pieces up.
- Try not to over cook the pasta.
- Mayonnaise or mayonnaise based dressing are best with these salads.
- Cooked vegetables work well with pasta salads and also tinned or bottled vegetables and so this is a good store cupboard dish.
- 400 – 500g cold cooked pasta.
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained (or frozen loose sweetcorn – cooked)
- 150g of cooked frozen peas
- 150g of cooked whole green beans – chopped.
- 1-2 tablespoons of full fat mayonnaise
- Salt & ground back pepper to taste
- Mix together the pasta and cooked vegetables.
- Mix in the mayonnaise.
- Season to taste.