This chłodnik is a simple cool starter for a hot summer’s day.
- Half a cucumber
- Spring onions – green parts or chives
- 500ml of yoghurt
- Handful of dill
- Lemon juice and cold water
- Salt & Pepper & Sugar to taste
- Part peel the cucumber length-ways to give stripes.
- Chop the cucumber into small cubes.
- Chop the spring onions or chives into small pieces.
- Chop the dill into small pieces.
- Thin down the yoghurt with lemon juice and water to suit.
- Mix with the chopped cucumber.
- Add dill and spring onions or chives.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives to serve.
Served in Soup Dishes by Midwinter – Spanish Garden – 1966 – 1982.