I had half a sweetheart cabbage left after a meal and not much else in the fridge.
I put together the ingredients I had and got a delicious new salad.
Use red onions if you can as these give a good colour contrast.
- ½ a sweetheart cabbage
- 4-5 medium sized gherkins
- 2 small red onions
- 3 tablespoons of gherkins liquid from the jar
- 2-3 tablespoons of full-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the cabbage into fine shreds.
- Cut the gherkins into round slices.
- Chop the onions into small pieces.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with the gherkin liquid and the mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.