- I came across a recipe for adding spring onions to waffle mixtures.
- I will have a go at this later but thought I would try out the idea with pancakes.
- Pancake batter using 2 eggs
- The green part of 7-8 spring onions or lots of chives.
- Mix up your pancake batter and leave to rest.
- I made a 2 egg version using my perfect pancake recipe.
- Leave to rest.
- Use the green part of the spring onions and chop them finely.
- Stir the chopped spring onions into the batter when you are starting to make them.
- Make the pancakes as you usually do – you might want to make them slightly thicker.
- Keep them warm in the oven separated with greaseproof if you want them all at the same time.
- Fan fold the pancakes.
- Pour maple syrup over them to serve.
- Also delicious with grilled smoked bacon.