This is a delicious way of serving beetroot warm with a roast dinner.
- 500g boiled or roast beetroots
- 2-3 cooking apples
- 60g of butter
- Juice and grated rind of a lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons of creamed horseradish sauce
- 125ml of soured cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grate the beetroots using a medium grater.
- Peel and core the apples and grate using a medium grater.
- Mix the beetroot and apple together.
- Mix in the lemon rind and juice.
- Melt the butter in a large shallow frying pan.
- Gently cook the mixture in the butter stirring often.
- Cook for around 5-10 minutes.
- Take of the heat.
- Add the horseradish sauce and the soured cream.
- Mix well together.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
Serve in Royal Doulton – Carnation – 1982 – 1998.
Should you have any left you can serve it cold with cold meats.