- My mother once said that she had made some potato pancakes from boiled potatoes with the batter being of a pouring consistency.
- She said the mixture was a similar to krokiety kartoflane – potato croquettes.
- Now I never actually tried these nor attempted to make them before.
- This recipe is the result of a several tests with different quantities.
- 200g cold boiled starchy potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 200ml of milk
- Sunflower oil and butter for frying
- Mash the potatoes so they are lump free.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Slowly add the milk , you might not need it all.
- Mix until the batter is like double cream.
- A Danish whisk is good for this.
- Melt a small amount of butter and add a little oil to your pancake pan.
- Use a ladle to measure out the batter and tip the pan to spread.
- Turn and cook on both sides.
Served here with maple syrup – but will be good with savoury options too.