- I bought this jar of salad from my Polish shop.
- It is Sałatka ukraińska – Ukrainian salad.
- It was very good.
- Good to have in as a standby.
- I wanted to make a similar salad.
- I looked this up and could not find a recipe similar with beetroots.
- I noted down the ingredients written on the label.
- Vinegar and sugar were used in the jar – I used lemon juice and honey.
- The salad will come out differently each time if you change the proportions of the vegetables.
- 3 medium boiled beetroots
- 1 onion
- ½ a small white cabbage or sweetheart cabbage
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots
- 1 red pepper
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of runny – honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grate the beetroots using a coarse grater.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Shred the cabbage into fine strands.
- Grate the carrot using a coarse grater
- Chop the pepper into small pieces.
- Mix all the vegetables together.
- Mix the lemon juice and honey.
- Mix the dressing with the vegetables
- Season to taste.
- Tastes good straight away but can be kept in the fridge for several days as well.