- This is a lovely easy sauce to have with roast chicken or steamed vegetables.
- It is served hot.
- 500ml chicken stock (can be from a cube, powder or concentrate)
- 50g butter
- 25g plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and heat together.
- Do not let it brown – just mix and stir for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the stock – stirring all the time.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Just before serving – stir in the lemon juice.