- This salad is based mostly on vegetables that came from the New World.
- It is very colourful.
- The proportions are not so important – I have given what I used.
- It is best to use a different colour for the pepper to the chilli so you can tell the difference.
- 1 tin of Tuna – drained
- 1 avocado – peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1 tin of Beans – Cannellini, Pinto or Mixed – drained
- 4 tomatoes – chopped
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn – drained (or cooked frozen sweetcorn)
- Yellow or Orange Pepper – chopped
- 2 red chillies – chopped fine
- 1 bunch of spring onions – white and green parts chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl mix all the vegetables except the avocado.
- Pour over the lemon juice and olive oil and season.
- Put the ingredients into a large serving dish.
- Put the avocado and tuna on top and mix in slightly.
Dish is Cadiz by Meakin – 1964 – 1970
2 thoughts on “Tuna Salad – Mostly New World”