This soup was inspired by the vegetables in my Tuna & New World Salad
- 1 tin of Beans – Cannellini, Pinto or Mixed – drained
- 4 tomatoes – skinned & chopped
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn – drained (or cooked frozen sweetcorn)
- Yellow or Orange Pepper – chopped
- 2 red chillies – chopped fine
- 1 bunch of spring onions – white and green parts chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onions, tomatoes and peppers in the olive oil.
- Add the sweetcorn and chillies.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Season to taste.