- This is a quick and easy sauce that can be made at all times of the year.
- In olden times this could have been made in the winter when fresh tomatoes were not available.
- This sauce is served hot.
- 50g tomato purée
- ½ small onion – chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 125ml soured cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer the onion in the vegetable stock until it is a pulp.
- Blend with a stick blender.
- Add the tomato purée, stir and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Stir in the just of 1 lemon.
- Adjust the sweetness with sugar.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the soured cream just before serving.
- Add some paprika or mixed herbs to the sauce.
One thought on “Tomato Sauce – Winter”