- These pancakes are the thick American style pancakes.
- You can use most cooked vegetables cut into small pieces.
- 250g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 200ml yoghurt
- 150 – 200ml milk
- 200g of cooked chopped vegetables
- Sunflower oil for frying.
Vegetables – used
- Whole green beans
- Chives (fresh)
- Onions (fried in butter)
- Potatoes (boiled)
- Beat the eggs, yoghurt and 150ml of milk together.
- Mix the salt into the flour.
- Add flour to the egg mix.
- You are aiming for a thick batter – add more milk as required.
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Make sure all the vegetables are dry.
- Dry with a tea towel or kitchen roll as needed.
- Mix the vegetables together.
- Mix the vegetables into the batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry tablespoonfuls of the mixture on both sides.
Serve with chopped chives or the green parts of spring onion.
Served here with tomato sauce.
Vintage Pyrex plates