- I came across this recipe for rich buttery biscuits flavoured with bay leaves, which sounded interesting.
- You use dried bay leaves.
- I think they are super.
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of water (approx.)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to GM4 – 180ºC.
- Grease some baking trays.
- Take a tablespoon of sugar out of the 100g.
- Grind with the bay leaves.
- Rub the butter into the flour to get breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and the bay leaves and sugar.
- Slowly add the egg yolks and enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out thinly on a floured board.
- Cut out circles using a 7.5cm round cutter.
- Bake for around 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wired rack.
One thought on “Bay Biscuits”
They do sound interesting!
LikeLiked by 1 person