- This is my 525 post – Thank you everyone for reading them.
- This is a quicker alternative to making individual little mince pies.
- There is a buttery layer of shortcrust pastry at the bottom.
- A crumble mixture on the top.
- In between a layer of Apple mincemeat.
- Or use good quality mincemeat with a cooked cooking apple added but no extra sugar.
Ingredients – Pastry
- 150g plain flour –
- 75g butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of icing sugar (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1 lemon (and maybe 1 tablespoon of cold water)
Method – Pastry
- Rub the butter into the flour to make “breadcrumbs”.
- Mix in the icing sugar.
- First with a knife and then with your fingertips mix in the yolk & lemon juice (and maybe a tablespoon of cold water.)
- You are aiming to get a dough which is not wet.
- Rest for about 20 minutes.
Ingredients – Crumble
- 90g plain flour
- 45g butter
- 45g granulated sugar
Method – Crumble
- Rub the butter into the flour until you have breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
Method – Overall
- Pre-heat the oven to GM6 – 200°C
- Grease and line with 1 piece of baking paper 2 long sides and the base of a 26 x 21 cm tin.
- Roll out the pastry into a thin rectangle that fits the base of the tin.
- Spread the mincemeat over the pastry.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the top.
- Use a fork to ‘rough up’ the top.
- Bake for around 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.