- This is best made in the summer when you can get very ripe tomatoes.
- Ones from the garden or the market, which are so full of flavour.
- 4-5 large ripe tomatoes
- ½ small onion
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 125ml soured cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skin the tomatoes using boiling water.
- Chop the tomato up into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Simmer the tomatoes and onion in the vegetable stock until soft.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Season to taste.
- Adjust sweetness with sugar to taste.
- Stir in the soured cream and serve.