- I had a meal in a local restaurant where roast pork loin was served in a mustard sauce.
- This inspired me to make this dish but easier with meatballs.
- Make your favourite meatballs – making them a bit smaller than usual.
- I used a beef and pork mixture for mine.
- You could also make pulpety – very small meatballs.
- Make you smaller style meatballs
- Keep warm – whilst you make the sauce.
- Pre-warm the oven to GM 4 – 180°C.
INGREDIENTS – for sauce
- 500ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of potato or corn flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of made mustard ( Polish or French style rather than English)
- 125ml soured cream – optional
METHOD – for sauce
- In a saucepan bring the stock to simmer.
- Mix the potato flour with the milk.
- Mix the milk mixture with the stock – stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the made mustard.
- Heat together gently.
- Adjust the thickness with milk if necessary.
- Stir in the soured cream if using.
METHOD – Overall
- Put a layer of meatballs in an oven proof dish.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover the dish with a lid or foil.
- Put the dish in the pre-heated oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, boiled rice, pearl barley or buckwheat
- Spanish Garden plate by Meakin