- Recently I posted kotlety mielone – meatballs with a mustard sauce.
- I was then inspired to make a similar dish but this time with horseradish sauce.
- Make your favourite meatballs – making them a bit smaller than usual.
- I used a beef and pork mixture for mine.
- You could also make pulpety – very small meatballs.
- Make your smaller style meatballs
- Keep warm – whilst you make the sauce.
- Pre-warm the oven to GM 4 – 180°C.
INGREDIENTS – for sauce
- 500ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of potato or corn flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of made horseradish sauce
METHOD – for sauce
- In a saucepan bring the stock to simmer.
- Mix the potato flour with a little cold water.
- Add this to the stock – stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens.
- Stir in the made horseradish sauce.
- Heat together gently until it thickens.
- Adjust the thickness with water or stock if necessary.
METHOD – Overall
- Put a layer of meatballs in an oven proof dish.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Put the dish in the pre-heated oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, boiled rice, pearl barley or buckwheat.
- Served on Royal Doulton – Burgundy plate