- The onions are boiled not browned to make this super sauce.
- The sauce is served hot.
- This sauce goes well with roast pork or chicken as well as steamed vegetables.
- 2 medium onions
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoons of plain flour
- 250 & 125ml vegetable stock
- 125ml full fat Greek Yoghurt or soured cream
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the onion into pieces.
- Cover with 250ml of vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer till soft.
- Add the butter.
- Use a blender to purée the onions.
- Mix the rest of the 125ml of stock with the flour.
- Add the stock mixture to the onions and bring to the boil.
- Simmer and stir till the mixture thickens.
- Add the yoghurt or soured cream.
- Season to taste.
One thought on “White Onion Sauce”