- Sos waniliowy – vanilla sauce and budyń are very similar.
- They are both also similar to English custards.
- In Poland these are both served chilled.
- Vanilla sauce is more a pouring sauce and budyń is thicker and set.
- 250ml of milk (full fat is best)
- 50g of granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- 1-1½ tablespoonfuls of potato starch (you can use cornflour – if potato flour is not available)
- 2 egg yolks
- Put 150ml of the milk, sugar and the vanilla essence into a saucepan.
- Heat gently till the sugar dissolved, stirring all the time.
- Take it of the heat.
- Blend together the rest of the milk (150ml) with the egg yolks and potato flour.
- Add some of the boiled mixture to this and stir well.
- Add this to the rest of the mixture and stir well.
- Put the pan back on the heat and stir gently till thickened .
- Pour into a glass dish (or several small dishes) – leave to cool.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
This sauce is served with, bottled fruit, fruit salad, fruit sauces. or kisiel
2 thoughts on “Vanilla Sauce”