- I have been making these for years but cannot remember where I got the recipe from.
- Originally I used one small carton of natural yoghurt.
- I now buy large pots of yoghurt and I use my 125ml measure instead.
- I always use tinned sweetcorn but you can use frozen sweetcorn, cooked and cooled.
- There are lots of ways to eat these – I often have then with grilled bacon and fried eggs.
- 250g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 125ml of yoghurt
- 125ml of milk – some extra might be needed.
- 1 tin of sweetcorn (340g) – drained
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric – optional
- Sunflower oil to fry
- Put the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, yoghurt and milk.
- Mix together – a Danish whisk is good for this.
- Aim for a thick batter – add a little more milk if necessary
- Add the sweetcorn and mix again.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Drop large tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan.
- Cook on both sides.
- Keep warm on a plate in the oven whilst making the rest.
Add some chopped spring onions or chives to the batter or chili flakes or chopped chilies.