I have been looking at some old Yorkshire recipes and tried out this recipe for soft bread buns – tea cakes in Yorkshire – bułeczki in Polish.
This recipe is so easy and the tea cakes are delicious – I think I will be using this recipe often.
- 340g plain flour
- ½ tablespoon of dried yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 30g granulated sugar
- 30g of butter
- 220ml of milk & water – lukewarm
- Mix the yeast, sugar and milk and leave to froth up.
- In a large bowl rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the salt.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Divide into 6 pieces and shape into flattened circles.
- Place the circles, evenly spaced onto the greased baking tray.
- Cover and leave for 30-40 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to GM7 – 220°C
- Bake for 10- 11 minutes.
- Leave on the tray for a few minutes then put them on a wire rack to cool.