- There are many recipes in my Polish cookery books for a variety of spreads using cooked meat or fish.
- In Polish this would be called pasta – a paste or a spread.
- This recipe was given to me by my late cousin who lived near Durham.
- Small tin of pink salmon
- 200g of cream cheese or yoghurt cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
- A little soured cream- optional
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the salmon from the liquid in the tin.
- Remove the skin and any bones.
- Mash the salmon up with a fork.
- Add the cheese and the lemon juice.
- Mix it all together to a smooth paste.
- Add some soured cream to make a softer spread.
- Season to taste.
- Put into a bowl to serve or into individual little pots.
- Serve with bread, toast or crackers and green salad.
- Or use as a dip with crudities.
Served on an oval plate by Johnson Brothers – Snowhite – 1960-1979
You can use some left over poached fresh salmon instead.