- I saw a recipe for liver with pineapples and thought that it should be good.
- It is a variation on my simple recipe in lovely liver.
- Use lamb, ox or pig’s liver – whichever you like best.
- Around 100g of liver per person.
- 1 or 2 onions (I like lots of onions with the liver).
- Tinned pineapples – 1 or 2 rings per person – and the juice.
- Italian herbs
- 1 -2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Butter & sunflower oil to fry
- Salt & pepper
- It is easiest to make this using 3 pans or 2 pans and a grill.
- Fry the onions in butter & sunflower oil till golden.
- Thinly slice the liver.
- Coat the liver in a mixture of flour and pepper.
- Lightly pan fry the liver slices in a mixture of butter & sunflower oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle on some Italian herbs.
- Add around 150 ml of vegetable stock (can be from a cube, concentrate or powder) … depends on the size of your pan & the juice.
- Put the lid on the pan (a glass lid is good for this) and simmer gently for 2 -3 minutes. (The time will depend on the thickness of the slices)
- Heat the pineapple rings on both sides on a grill or in a frying pan.
- Add the onions to the fried liver and mix together.
- Season to taste.
- Put the onions and liver into a warm shallow serving dish.
- Place the pineapple rings on top and serve.
Serve with boiled potatoes, rice or noodles.