This recipe was inspired by the ones I wrote up in Red on Red! after looking at the ingredients that were in my fridge and cupboards.
- ½ red cabbage
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1-2 apples
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 tablespoons of runny honey
- Grate or finely shred and chop the red cabbage.
- Peel and coarse grate the carrots.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop the apple.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Mix the lime juice and honey together.
- Mix the dressing over the salad.
Tastes good straight away and even better after a few hours.