- This is a variation on my usual cabbage salad.
- Mayonnaise is not used just lemon juice as a dressing.
- Rather than apples I used pears for this salad.
- Conference pears or other hard pears are good for this.
- The pears need to be ripe but not too “mushy”.
- I would peel the pears as the skins are often very tough.
- ½ head of white cabbage
- 3-4 hard pears
- 2 carrots
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped flat leafed parsley or chives to serve
- Shred the cabbage into fine shreds.
- Peel the pears and then coarse grate them.
- Coarse grate the carrots.
- Mix them all together.
- Pour the lemon juice over them and mix.
- Sprinkle with flat leaved parsley or chives.