Fresh cabbage features in many salads in Poland, the following much loved version can be made throughout the year.
In English the word coleslaw is used for a cabbage salad – this word is from the Dutch koolsla – kool – cabbage, sla – salad.
- 1 or 2 carrots
- Hard white cabbage – around a quarter or half a medium one
- 1 eating apple – red skinned is nice for colour
- 1 onion – I like to use a red one for colour
- Lemon juice – optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
I always start by grating the carrot using a large grater and then cut the cabbage into fine strands so that I have equal quantities of orange and white. Put these into a large mixing bowl.
I find that 1 carrot is often enough for the amount I need. In the photo below 2 carrots were used to make a larger amount of salad.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and add this to the bowl.
- Grate the apple including the skin and add this to the bowl.
- Add several tablespoons of mayonnaise and mix well to coat the mixture.
- You might want to add a little lemon juice to make the mayonnaise a little thinner.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cold smoked Polish style meats or sausage or with a hot roast or casserole as a good contrast.
6 thoughts on “Cabbage Salad”
Coma melhor frutas e plantas frescos. https://Forums.Adobe.com/people/ninaskh0987848
Just wish to say your article is as astounding.
The clarity to your post is just great and i could suppose
you are an expert in this subject. Fine together
with your permission let me to take hold of your feed to stay up
to date with coming near near post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.
Really no matter if someone doesn’t be aware of after that its up to other people that they will assist, so here it occurs.|