- One of my friends from Leeds came round yesterday with freshly picked produce from her allotment.
- Green & Purple French beans were amongst them.
- I topped and tailed these and steamed them.
- Sadly the beautiful purple ones loose their colour and are just a slightly darker green than the others.
- I served some of them with buttered dried breadcrumbs – à la Polonaise and
- Used the rest, cold, in this tinned tuna salad with other ingredients I had in my store cupboard and freezer.
- The proportions are not so important.
- 1 tin of tuna chunks- in brine or oil
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- Steamed French beans
- Cooked peas
- Cooked sweetcorn – frozen or tinned
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop the French beans into small pieces.
- Mix these with the peas and sweetcorn
- Drain the tuna from the brine or oil and break up the chunks.
- Mix the tuna with the cooked vegetables.
- Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Shred the lettuce leaves.
- Arrange lettuce leaves over a large plate plate or a shallow bowl.
- Place the tuna mixture on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs into small pieces and sprinkle these over the top of the tuna mixture.
2 thoughts on “Tuna Salad with French Beans”
LikeLiked by 1 person