- I came across a Polish idea to cook white cabbage with apples.
- The writer did not give a method nor did they say whether they made it sweet or tart.
- I went for a slightly sweet version and I thought the result was delicious.
- 1 sweetheart cabbage or a small white cabbage
- 2 large Bramley apples
- 500ml water
- 2-3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to GM 3 – 160°C.
- Use a large oven proof dish with a lid.
- Chop the cabbage into rough squares.
- Peel and core the apples and chop these into chunks.
- Mix the cabbage, apples and sugar together and put in the dish.
- Add the water.
- Cook for around 1 hour.
- Keep an eye on this about half way through as the apples can fluff up and escape from the dish.
- Serve with roast chicken, duck or pork.
- You can add part of the sugar and add the rest to taste at the end.
- Served in Bavarian china with a forget me knots pattern
One thought on “Fresh Cabbage & Apples”