- The idea for this soup came about from a salad with vinaigrette that was left over.
- The vinegar gives the soup a tangy taste and the chilli flakes a little ‘heat’
- 500g tomatoes
- 3-4 Peppers – red, orange or yellow – not green
- 1 -2 tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- ½ – 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skin the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and fry gently in the sunflower oil.
- Cut the peppers into medium sized chunks and add to the tomatoes and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and the vinegar.
- Add the chilli flakes and simmer gently until the peppers are soft.
- Take the pan off the heat and purée the contents with a stick blender.
- Season to taste.
- Reheat before serving if necessary.
Meakin – Spanish Garden Soup Dish
One thought on “Tomato & Pepper Soup”
Ah, soup, lovely soup! This sounds delicious.
LikeLiked by 1 person