- I have tried several bakes using the cranberry mincemeat.
- Here is the second one.
- You can use any version of shortcrust pastry but the richer ones are the best.
- This one is one my Mama used to make.
- 250g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cold water to mix the dough.
- Egg white to glaze
- Cranberry mincemeat
- Rub the butter into the flour until you have breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg yolk, lemon juice and enough water until you have a soft dough.
- Cover and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grease and line a 26 x 16cm tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to GM 6 – 200°C
- Divide the pastry into two.
- Roll out one half and use this to line the base of the tin.
- Spread out the cranberry mincemeat over the pastry.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry and cover the top of the tin.
- Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg white.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Royal Doulton – Tapestry tea plate