- This is based on an old English recipe and is a bit lighter than my other Polish honey cakes.
- There are no spices in the original recipe but you can of course add them.
- 150g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 150ml honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to GM 4 – 180 C.
- Grease and line a 26 x 16cm baking tin.
- In a saucepan gently melt the butter and sugar.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Add the milk and stir again.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour.
- Add the flour to the mixture to give a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Check that the top is not burning and cover with baking paper if necessary.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
Crown bone china tea plate