As well as any cookery books and magazines, I have notes and cuttings from various sources. Ever so often I look through these for inspiration and think “Yes, I must try that!”.
Here is a recipe for a salad that I jotted down when visiting one of my cousins in Białystok.
- 2 large carrots – coarse grated
- 2 leeks cut into fine slices
- 2 eating apples – cored and rough chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 -3 tablespoons of full fat mayonnaise
- Chopped chives to serve
- Mix everything together apart from the chives.
- Put into a serving dish
- Sprinkle the chives on top and serve.
Served in Royal Doulton – Carnation – 1982 – 1998