Here is another classic, chilled starter for a summer’s day. It will be the last for this summer – I will be looking out for more for next year!
- 3 -4 gherkins
- Spring onion – green parts or chives
- 500ml of yoghurt
- Handful of dill
- Gherkin liquor and cold water
- Salt & Pepper & Sugar to taste
- Hard boiled eggs to serve
- Chop the gherkins into small pieces.
- Chop the spring onions or chives into small pieces.
- Chop the dill into small pieces.
- Thin down the yoghurt with gherkin liquor and water to suit.
- Mix with the chopped gherkins.
- Add dill and spring onions or chives.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped hard boiled eggs to serve.
Served in Royal Doulton – Carnation – 1982 – 1998