- This is variation on the sweet dessert made with cooked pasta (makaron) and apples.
- Mama would often make this dish when I was young.
- 250g cooked small sized pasta
- 1 tin of pineapples (425g)
- 100g of sultanas
- 70g granulated sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 50g butter
- Soak the sultanas in the juice from the pineapples for several hours.
- Chop the pineapples into small pieces.
- Melt the butter.
- Grease an oven proof dish with some of the butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to GM4 – 180°C.
- Mix the pasta with the rest of the butter.
- Mix the sultanas and liquor with the pasta.
- Mix in the chopped pineapples.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar till pale and frothy.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites.
- Mix the whites with the yolk mixture and whisk again.
- Mix the pasta mixture with the egg and sugar mixture.
- Put the mixture into the buttered oven proof dish dish.
- Cook for 40 -50 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Served in Royal Doulton – Carnation 1982 – 1998