- This is an English recipe, which is over a hundred years old.
- These macarons were very popular in Edwardian England (1901 – 1910).
- 2 egg whites
- 85g ground almonds
- 85g caster sugar
- 85g grated dark chocolate
- 30g ground rice
- Pre-heat the oven to GM4 – 180°C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk eggs whites until stiff.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls in your hands.
- Place well apart on the baking sheets to allow for spreading.
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Do not over bake them.
Cake Plate – Dubarry – Crown Devon from the 1930s