After Christmas I found I had lots of dried cranberries & nuts left from other recipes.
So I decided to make a variation on my placek (flat cake) with chocolate, nuts & sultanas
- 120g butter
- 120g Demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g chopped chocolate (a mixture of dark & white)
- 80g chopped nuts
- Grease and line a 21 x 26 cms baking tray.
- Pre-heat the oven to GM4 – 180°C
- Chop the nuts and the chocolate.
- Mix the nuts, chocolate & cranberries together.
- Cream together the butter and Demerera sugar.
- Mix in the vanilla essence and the eggs.
- Mix in the nut mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour.
- Put the mixture into a baking tray.
- Bake for around 30 – 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
Cut into squares to serve.
Served on Queen Anne teaplates – design name unkown.