- After making my late cousin Krystyna’s plum cake, I wanted to make something similar but with a yeast pastry base.
- The yeast pastry is the same as used earlier for my drożdżówki – sweet yeast buns with rhubarb and with whinberries.
- 200g & 50g plain flour
- 150 ml warm milk
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon of dried yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 60g granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 400g of ripe plums
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Egg white for brushing
- Icing sugar to dust
- Mix the milk, yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 50g of plain flour.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Put the 200g of plain flour, 60g of sugar, salt, yolks and yeast mixture in a bowl.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Add a little extra milk if this is too dry.
- Knead for 10 minutes – set a timer – till you get a smooth ball.
- Cover and leave for 1½ – 2 hours.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the stone.
- Cut the plums into slices – thinner ones if not so ripe.
- Mix them with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Lightly mix the dough back into a ball.
- Roll out and stretch the dough to fit the baking tray.
- Brush the top with beaten egg white.
- Place the plums and sugar mix on top.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to GM5- 200°C.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
One thought on “Yeast Placek with Plums”
It looks absolutely fantastic and delicious 😋 I love plums in sweets 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person