- This recipe makes two different types of soup – two ways – chunky and creamed.
- A light vegetable stock is the basis of this soup.
- 4 large carrots
- 2-3 leeks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1½ litres of vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Several tablespoonfuls of soured cream for the creamed soup
- Chop the leeks into small slices.
- Fry them lightly in the butter.
- Peel and chop the carrots.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks.
- Add then all to the stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer till the vegetable are soft.
- Check the seasoning and serve.
- Purée the vegetables – a stick blender is good for this.
- Add the soured cream and serve.
- Served in:
- Royal Stafford – Blossom Time
- Midwinter – Spanish Garden