- This is a delicate creamy soup.
- The Polish for broccoli is brokuły and comes from the Italian broccoli meaning a cabbage sprout.
- Large head of broccoli
- 1 large potato
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- 125ml of soured cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the potato into small chunks.
- Chop the broccoli stalks into small pieces.
- Add the potatoes and broccoli stalks to the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are nearly soft.
- Add the rest of the broccoli and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer till soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Purée the soup – a stick blender is good for this.
- Stir in the soured cream.
- Season to taste.
- Bring back to the boil and then serve.